OK, so stop laughing. Right now you might be thinking “sure, just like truth in politics”. But hold on, if you want your business to be successful long term you need to give prospects the straight story. Sure, there have been lots of baits and switches in the past:
- The “sex scandal” headline that ends up being about vacuum cleaners (talk about disappointment)…
- The “free headline” that ends up with something that no one wants…
- The “7 reasons for success headline” that gives you three things none of which will let you be successful…
- And my favorite most recent, Go Daddy. The ads are well written, quick, interesting concepts and at the end there is a quick disclaimer that none of the companies discussed are actual businesses…
- As they say on the pre-game show for the NFL, “come on man”…
Here’s the problem with the bait and switch. It grinds peoples gears. Successful businesses are built on telling prospects what you can do, getting them to say yes, and then delivering on your promise. The money in a business starts with the yes but continues with them being customers for a long time.
So take a look at your marketing and ask yourself:
- Does my head line attract the right audience?
- Can I actually deliver on what I am marketing?
- Would I want my grandma to read the content?
If your answer is no to any of the above, take a look at redoing your marketing message.
If you need help, reach out to your local ActionCOACH business coach.
Oh, and keep focused even though the weather is nice and summer is here.
Enjoy your week.